• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Pulp_Cutter

Pulp_Cutter

Inbred, and proud

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,224 posts
  • Interests:Spending your healthcare dollars. Difficult, relevant, well-funded technical problems.

Posted 05 May 2015 - 06:13 AM

http://www.bloomberg...-street-tremble

“The government doesn’t want you to read this massive new trade agreement. It’s top-secret,” she wrote on her website. “We’ve all seen the tricks and traps that corporations hide in the fine print of contracts. We’ve all seen the provisions they slip into legislation to rig the game in their favor. Now just imagine what they have done working behind closed doors with TPP. 

Think corporations have too much power in Washington?  VOTE

#2 longtimelurker

longtimelurker

Brown Bear

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 781 posts

Posted 05 May 2015 - 06:56 AM

I just can't understand why Warren is such a divisive figure among the electorate given the widespread and bi-partisan disgust at the behavior of Wall St over the past decade.   I'm proud to have voted for her and I hope she has the energy to keep at it even while so many folks who would greatly benefit from her legislative efforts deride her as a Massachusetts liberal.   Were it not for a few democrats like Elizabeth Warren I would have precisely zero confidence in the future of the US.

#3 Pulp_Cutter

Pulp_Cutter

Inbred, and proud

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,224 posts
  • Interests:Spending your healthcare dollars. Difficult, relevant, well-funded technical problems.

Posted 05 May 2015 - 07:24 AM

"I just can't understand why Warren is such a divisive figure..."

I know they try that 'divisive' tag, but Warren isn't divisive.  That's just the only argument the banks, and their FoxNews sycophants, can mount.   What possible benefit is there in allowing too-big-to-fail FDIC banks?

Think corporations have too much power in Washington?  VOTE

#4 detachedbear

detachedbear

Grizzly Bear

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,335 posts

Posted 05 May 2015 - 08:58 AM

Need I remind you that Nancy Pelosi said, "We have to pass this bill to find out what's in it."??   Our legislators are illiterate.  They can not even READ a bill much less write one.  The insurance companies and banks write the laws and hand them to their lackeys in Congress, and no one even suggests that our system is totally corrupt and doesn't represent us at all.  Be serious people.  Elizabeth Warren can SAY anything she wants, but, if she actually threatens the banks that run this country, she will likely show up dead somewhere.  "Nothing succeeds like success", and these banks have successfully stolen trillions of dollars.  It will take courage and leadership to reverse this trend.  Why do you think I was delighted when Bernie suggested that the "too big too bail" banks be split up and Glass-Steagal should be re-instated?

#5 longtimelurker

longtimelurker

Brown Bear

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 781 posts

Posted 05 May 2015 - 09:21 AM

" It will take courage and leadership to reverse this trend."

So vote for Warren, or others like her.

FDR didn't "show up dead somewhere".   Right now we need another FDR

http://docs.fdrlibra...du/od2ndst.html

We had to struggle with the old enemies of peace--business and financial monopoly, speculation, reckless banking, class antagonism, sectionalism, war profiteering.

They had begun to consider the Government of the United States as a mere appendage to their own affairs. We know now that Government by organized money is just as dangerous as Government by organized mob.

Never before in all our history have these forces been so united against one candidate as they stand today. They are unanimous in their hate for me--and I welcome their hatred.

Words for our times.   Such a pity that Obama bottled when he had the chance to be the FDR of our times.  

#6 detachedbear

detachedbear

Grizzly Bear

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,335 posts

Posted 05 May 2015 - 11:01 AM

Rather than endlessly repeating the boring story of my visit to the FDR museum in Hyde Park, NY.  I suggest that you go yourself.  It was rather expensive when I went there so I would expect to pay $30 admission, but, if you need a historical "reality check", this is a worthwhile trip.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Stock market portfolio giving you the runs? See Dr. Stool.
The Daily Stool - Stock Market Message Board
Stool's Gold- Gold and Precious Metals Forum
Look Out Below Message Board

The Al E. Greenspeuman designer line at Stoolmart. Get yours today! Click here now!
Get Mugged!