Posted 29 March 2009 - 06:18 PM

Good bye

#2 Yogibear101

Yogibear101

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 14,222 posts

Posted 29 March 2009 - 06:24 PM

...let's go ahead and delete this thread and your account. Thanks for participating.

"All a real man needs is his QQQ and toiletries".......circa 2001 by Full Of Bull, ex-member Prudent Bear Chat.

#3 qqqbear

qqqbear

Grizzly Bear

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,407 posts

Posted 29 March 2009 - 07:34 PM

Come back again some other time....it is free

#4 Calvin Bear

Calvin Bear

Grizzly Bear

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,085 posts
  • Interests:Food. Clothes. Security safes and vault boxes. Ambient music. Ideas. Sin.

Posted 29 March 2009 - 07:56 PM

Please come back as Lt. Ellis from U.F.O. next time.

BTW I'm already Dr. Who so don't try to imposter me!

CJB

#5 Bullettbear

Bullettbear

Black Bear

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 29 March 2009 - 07:59 PM

Yogi, even though I have never seen anyones whose ego needed to be stroked as much as yours, YOU ARE NOT the moderator. Oh Yogi, yes, yes, yes, you are the best trader ever. Is that enough stroking for the day? I m sure by tomorrow you will remind us all of the calls and trades you have made and how great you are. Soon anyone who disagrees with you will be off this board and only people who think you are the best will be on this board. It is a perfect world
Bulletbear

#6 Sage Green Bear.

Sage Green Bear.

Black Bear

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 162 posts

Posted 29 March 2009 - 08:24 PM

Moderator insults people when he disagrees, calls those he disagrees with cat feces encrusted with kitty litter; He loses and I have a good laugh! I'll leave if I feel like it or if I get banned, whichever comes first. There are a lot of really great people who have left this board since the change in ownership and IMHO the board has suffered as a result. It's changed from a self-regulating community of adults with differing viewpoints who "duked it out" amongst themselves to a highly regulated forum where you wonder if you might be posting a topic that Big Brother might not approve of. I'll miss Spock Junior.

#7 aussiebear

aussiebear

dark side of the earth

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,297 posts

Posted 29 March 2009 - 08:33 PM

Did I miss something? All the best to you SS/ spocko. You have such a unique set of interlocking beliefs they are difficult to unpack. But I would reflect on the casual way you often paint those with whom you disagree as kool aide drinkers and sheep in the thrall of elites. To dismiss out of hand the arguments of your fellow contributors on that basis is an insulting to them as any rejection of propositions made by you.
If you position is meier is dinkum and a only vast history spanning (sometimes alien) conspiracy explains everything, you need a thicker hide.

Other that that you have a point, Lee has become both a contributor too and marketer of the content on the list, his moderation must to see to be completely transparent and to reference a TOS with clarity. Chad et all didn't contribute; good but he didn't explain nor warn either, bad.
Ideally a moderator should be above the fray, imo.
"When the people lose faith, they do not then believe in nothing. They believe in anything."

#8 Lee Adler

Lee Adler

Editor and Publisher

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 234,265 posts
  • Interests:This website. What else? :lol:

Posted 29 March 2009 - 08:39 PM

I don't insult people I disagree with. That's just not true. The only people who have a problem with me and vice versa are the nutjobs who post NWO conspiracy theories with their ridiculously complex flow charts built on lies and twisted logic. You'd better believe I have a problem with that. Because it's illogical crap infused with the lowest form of biased propaganda.

I have complete respect for those who post well reasoned opposing points of view, of whom there are a great many here. We have a broad and deep pool of fine intellects here. Unlike the NWO conspiracy theorists they're also all mature adults who tend to have healthy, well-rounded emotional lives, and are successful in all walks of life.

#9 Lee Adler

Lee Adler

Editor and Publisher

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 234,265 posts

Posted 29 March 2009 - 08:50 PM

Other that that you have a point, Lee has become both a contributor too and marketer of the content on the list, his moderation must to see to be completely transparent and to reference a TOS with clarity. Chad et all didn't contribute; good but he didn't explain nor warn either, bad.
Ideally a moderator should be above the fray, imo.

That's a good point, but it's not me. I like to encourage the conversation by throwing my own two cents in. I really enjoy communicating here with you all. And I enjoy the feedback I get, even if it some of it is negative. I wouldn't have it any other way.

Criticism doesn't bother me, and I always consider it carefully before deciding whether to take it to heart or reject it. I am all too well aware that I don't have all the answers, not even close, so I always listen carefully when someone contributes a criticism. I never know when a thought someone else has might open a brain synapse and give me a path toward finding another kernel of truth. It's by those interactions with you and the stoolies at the Capitalstool.com boards that I make intellectual and spiritual progress. These interactions help me immeasurably in my analysis of the financial scene.

#10 Sage Green Bear.

Sage Green Bear.

Black Bear

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 162 posts

Posted 29 March 2009 - 09:05 PM

I don't insult people I disagree with. That's just not true. The only people who have a problem with me and vice versa are the nutjobs who post NWO conspiracy theories with their ridiculously complex flow charts built on lies and twisted logic. You'd better believe I have a problem with that. Because it's illogical crap infused with the lowest form of biased propaganda.

I have complete respect for those who post well reasoned opposing points of view, of whom there are a great many here. We have a broad and deep pool of fine intellects here. Unlike the NWO conspiracy theorists they're also all mature adults who tend to have healthy, well-rounded emotional lives, and are successful in all walks of life.

There you go again with the personal invective, Lee. Where does this animus come from? Makes me think I might just be onto something with this NWO conspiracy theory thingy!

#11 collapse

collapse

Black Bear

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 196 posts

Posted 29 March 2009 - 09:30 PM

The problem is the moderator owns the board. He sets the rules and it impedes true interaction.

#12 fiftybagger

fiftybagger

Black Bear

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 214 posts

Posted 29 March 2009 - 09:39 PM

Wow Lee,

You are one arrogant piece of work. It's freedom of thought until one of your special ideas is challenged. Looks like you are not quite capable of defending yourself in an argument on a level playing field, so you'll have to change the rules. Good luck to you and your board, genius, already half the thinking people have left anyway. Two years from now you'll be sitting around arguing with yourself. King of the playground. Pathetic....

#13 Yogibear101

Yogibear101

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 14,222 posts

Posted 29 March 2009 - 09:43 PM

...somebody stroke my ego quick before I run and hide in the closet.

PS...when you nutjobs leave, please don't dump a loaf on Lee's rug then get mad at me for mentioning the smell.

"All a real man needs is his QQQ and toiletries".......circa 2001 by Full Of Bull, ex-member Prudent Bear Chat.

#14 Spock Junior

Spock Junior

Black Bear

• Members
  • Pip
  • 427 posts

Posted 29 March 2009 - 10:05 PM

Thanks, you guys. By his own words here, Lee has proved he is a jackass of the highest order. Posts, moderates, insults - he is a one man band - I'm out.

#15 Lee Adler

Lee Adler

Editor and Publisher

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 234,265 posts

Posted 29 March 2009 - 10:06 PM

Wow Lee,

You are one arrogant piece of work. It's freedom of thought until one of your special ideas is challenged. Looks like you are not quite capable of defending yourself in an argument on a level playing field, so you'll have to change the rules. Good luck to you and your board, genius, already half the thinking people have left anyway. Two years from now you'll be sitting around arguing with yourself. King of the playground. Pathetic....

What's your point. What special ideas? What rules have I changed? That NWO conspiracy theories with byzantine flow charts supported by lies and half truths shouldn't be given the time of day? I didn't say that you couldn't post them, but yes, I will ridicule you if you do. What's the matter? Can't handle being made a fool of when you post that stuff. There's not one shred, not one scintilla of evidence of the existence of a vast internationalist conspiracy to take over the world. In fact, it flies in the face of the obvious. That there are numerous nations and factions constantly fighting for ascendancy.

Is that what you mean, or is it that the rules don't permit hate speech, defamation, law breaking, because that's pretty standard fare.

What is it that you want to say that you feel you can't say? What are you so afraid of? I'm really harmless. I'm a nice guy. I have nothing against you. I have nothing against the NWO conspiracy nuts. I just fell sorry for them, and I don't want them to clump together here. Gives the website a bad smell when that much idiocy congeals in one place.

#16 LimeJuice2

LimeJuice2

Daytrader, Tech Investor, Software Developer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,630 posts

Posted 29 March 2009 - 10:06 PM

There are an awful lot of heated opinions being aired; What did I miss?

I think every single board I frequent has some moderation. Moderation is a good thing, as long as the moderator is simply enforcing the TOS (Terms of Service). Off-topic posts should be removed. On some other boards, off-topic posts will be moved to another forum like "chit-chat", "the lounge", but we don't anything like that here. I guess you can argue about what is on topic, but I thought it was anything related to economy / business / stock market / etc.

Moderation is time consuming and a thankless job. From everything I've seen so far -- or, more accurately, from everything I don't see -- I think Lee is doing a fine job keep the forum on topic.

#17 Lee Adler

Lee Adler

Editor and Publisher

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 234,265 posts

Posted 29 March 2009 - 10:07 PM

Geez Junior. You keep repeating yourself. We heard you the first time. I noticed you already. You should be proud of yourself. You got my attention.

See you tomorrow.

#18 Lee Adler

Lee Adler

Editor and Publisher

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 234,265 posts

Posted 29 March 2009 - 10:09 PM

C'mon all you Lee haters. Let it out. Tell us how you really feel. I'll see you in the morning, and I won't bring this thread back to the top of the page again. You can all have your say and I won't talk back, I promise.

In the meantime, good night.

#19 Leadbelly

Leadbelly

Brown Bear

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 797 posts

Posted 29 March 2009 - 10:31 PM

To all those posters who genuflect at the Alex Jones throne, please DO NOT take it upon yourselves to offer we mere Bear Chat Sheeple the 'Red Pill' as IT IS NOT WARRANTED HERE. If you agree with the attacks on Lee there are other places you can go like infowars.com & prisionplanet.tv where you can go chat with like minded people.
If you happen to venture from these places to Bears' Chat please wipe your feet at the door.
"Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals ... except the weasel". Homer Simpson

#20 Sage Green Bear.

Sage Green Bear.

Black Bear

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 162 posts

Posted 29 March 2009 - 10:33 PM

What's your point. What special ideas? What rules have I changed? That NWO conspiracy theories with byzantine flow charts supported by lies and half truths shouldn't be given the time of day? I didn't say that you couldn't post them, but yes, I will ridicule you if you do. What's the matter? Can't handle being made a fool of when you post that stuff. There's not one shred, not one scintilla of evidence of the existence of a vast internationalist conspiracy to take over the world. In fact, it flies in the face of the obvious. That there are numerous nations and factions constantly fighting for ascendancy.

Is that what you mean, or is it that the rules don't permit hate speech, defamation, law breaking, because that's pretty standard fare.

What is it that you want to say that you feel you can't say? What are you so afraid of? I'm really harmless. I'm a nice guy. I have nothing against you. I have nothing against the NWO conspiracy nuts. I just fell sorry for them, and I don't want them to clump together here. Gives the website a bad smell when that much idiocy congeals in one place.

Um, Lee... Spock Junior is gone. I think you must be addressing Fiftybagger. As far as I know, he hasn't posted any NWO Byzantine flow charts lately. Judging from his avatar, I assume he is just a harmless Gold Hoarding Seditionist.

Hope you get a good night's sleep!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Stock market portfolio giving you the runs? See Dr. Stool.
The Daily Stool - Stock Market Message Board
Stool's Gold- Gold and Precious Metals Forum
Look Out Below Message Board

The Al E. Greenspeuman designer line at Stoolmart. Get yours today! Click here now!
Get Mugged!