#1 Lee Adler

Lee Adler

Editor and Publisher

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 234,262 posts
  • Interests:This website. What else? :lol:

Posted 02 March 2009 - 03:32 PM

Click here to learn about tips and tricks and some important guidelines for using the board.

#2 tanstaafl

tanstaafl

Black Bear

• Members
  • Pip
  • 247 posts

Posted 01 May 2009 - 11:47 PM

Lee, I have tried the feature to download and erase my old private messages. It doesn't work. Oh, the erasure works fine...but nothing has shown up in my outside email account. Would you please investigate. I have a free email at myway.com; it seems possible my mail provider is the problem but I have no way to investigate that and have no problem with mail in general. Please let me know what I can do. Thanks.
"Blest paper credit
Last and best supply
to lend corruption
lighter wings to fly!"
-Pope

#3 Lee Adler

Lee Adler

Editor and Publisher

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 234,262 posts

Posted 03 May 2009 - 07:18 PM

Did you use the "Archive Messages" function. It sends the email. It may have gotten caught in your spam filter.

#4 tanstaafl

tanstaafl

Black Bear

• Members
  • Pip
  • 247 posts

Posted 04 May 2009 - 12:26 AM

Did you use the "Archive Messages" function. It sends the email. It may have gotten caught in your spam filter.

Yes, I did. And nothing showed up in my spam folder, either.
"Blest paper credit
Last and best supply
to lend corruption
lighter wings to fly!"
-Pope

#5 Lee Adler

Lee Adler

Editor and Publisher

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 234,262 posts

Posted 04 May 2009 - 10:44 AM

I tested it with my account. It worked. I'm at a loss to understand the issue, unfortunately.

#6 bearking

bearking

Skunk man to the rescue!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,993 posts

Posted 17 May 2009 - 06:55 PM

Click here to learn about tips and tricks and some important guidelines for using the board.

hmmm, everything sorted by "last post" instead of first posted. Now old threads go to the top and no options for me to set it back. Did I miss the memo?

#7 Lee Adler

Lee Adler

Editor and Publisher

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 234,262 posts

Posted 18 May 2009 - 06:24 PM

I was testing something, sorry. We've been getting a lot of duplicate threads because of posts dropping down the list for those who have their topic order set to latest new topic on top, instead of most recent post.

The controls to set your topic order, regardless of what the default is, are at the bottom of the topic list. See earlier posts on this.

#8 bearking

bearking

Skunk man to the rescue!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,993 posts

Posted 18 May 2009 - 11:44 PM

I was testing something, sorry. We've been getting a lot of duplicate threads because of posts dropping down the list for those who have their topic order set to latest new topic on top, instead of most recent post.

The controls to set your topic order, regardless of what the default is, are at the bottom of the topic list. See earlier posts on this.

OK, got it. I should know by now.

#9 margincall

margincall

Black Bear

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 06:13 PM

lee, is there anyway to add a feature that would let you read all messages and replies in the last 24 hours (say) in time order. i know you would loose some coherence cause you werent reading all the replies to the message at the same time, but i just can't use the current setup regularly. i click on a reply and it takes 5-10 seconds to load a screen and there is a one line statement like "i agree". i need to read this stuff fast or i won't read it much or at all.

and since i am asking. i need a facility like "send posting/thread to someone via email". one of your competing boards has this feature thanks to my request and i use it regularly to move significant postings out to people i know. cutting and pasting just doesn't do it.

i was a faithful but lurking member of the old board, but only a visitor to this board. there are too many talented people giving out information that needs to be desiminated and the electronics need to be tweaked.

thanks for any consideration... ray harder (margincall)

#10 Lee Adler

Lee Adler

Editor and Publisher

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 234,262 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 06:53 AM

You want to use the Options List at the upper right of the page. First, have your display options set to Standard Mode. The other functions there are useful, including the email and download functions.

You can set board display order at the bottom of the topic list page. All topics with new posts are marked with an orange box. If you are in standard mode, all posts in a thread will be displayed in full. You can also use My Assistant to list new topics.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Stock market portfolio giving you the runs? See Dr. Stool.
The Daily Stool - Stock Market Message Board
Stool's Gold- Gold and Precious Metals Forum
Look Out Below Message Board

The Al E. Greenspeuman designer line at Stoolmart. Get yours today! Click here now!
Get Mugged!