I want to play a kids game of connecting the dots on the list about the future of some of the troubled banks. The dots are:
- GS and MS getting a banking license. I suppose if they planned to buy a bank they don’t need a license, as it will come automatically. You need a license if you plan to build a new bank from pieces
- GS is raising $10, potentially $15 billion in a rush deal with Buffett and on the secondary market
- GS is indicating that it plans to buy some banking assets at the open market
- Both S&P and Fitch downgraded WaMu tonight
- There is a bank run on the Bank of East Asia
- Congress is voting to give Paulson $700 billion to purchase distressed financial assets and Buffett supports the plan
Wall Street Examiner Disclaimer: The Wall Street Examiner reposts third party content with the permission of the publisher. I curate these posts on the basis of whether they represent an interesting and logical point of view, that may or may not agree with my own views. No promotional consideration has been offered or accepted. The opinions expressed in these reposts are not those of the Wall Street Examiner or Lee Adler and no endorsement of the content so provided is either expressed or implied by our posting the content. Some of the content includes the original publisher's promotional messages. The Wall Street Examiner is not familiar with the services offered and makes no endorsement or recommendation regarding them. Do your own due diligence when considering the offerings of third party providers.